RAF personnel are reminded to ensure that their Next of Kin (NoK) and Emergency Contact (EC) information on JPA remains accurate at all times. To assist, all personnel will receive an annual JPA workflow notification reminding them to verify existing details and update where necessary.
- It is essential that personnel ensure their JPA NoK and EC information remains correct.
- All RAF Regular and Reserve personnel will receive an annual JPA workflow reminding them to check, update where necessary, and verify their NoK and EC information.
- If the information remains unverified, a reminder will be issued after 28 days.
- If the information still remains unverified, a second reminder will be issued after 28 days and a workflow notification will be sent to the line manager.
- Longer term, the verification mechanism will be included on MyRAF.
There have been several recent incidents where JPA NoK and/or EC information was found to be inaccurate for Service Personnel. This has resulted in delays to incident notification or the use of ‘out of date’ NoK and/or EC details by the Service. Such occurrences can cause unnecessary distress despite this situation being easily avoided by maintaining the correct details on JPA.