Relocating with your serving partner can be a stressful and difficult time, but help is at hand for you and your family.

HIVE support

Your current and new HIVEs are ready to help you at every stage of your relocation. They will provide you with information sheets to guide you.

Your new Station

Find out what medical, dental, childcare, welfare, and social facilities your new Station has.


The Service Family Accommodation (SFA) guidance (on GOV.UK) covers applying for, maintaining, moving in, and moving out of service family accommodation.

The accommodation entitlements page has a breakdown of entitlements based on rank.

Short Term Family Accommodation

Short term family accommodation options, such as contact houses are listed on the Facilities page of each RAF Station profile

The Services Cotswold Centre in Corsham, Wiltshire [GOV.UK website] can also provide entitled families with temporary accommodation in certain circumstances.

Practical advice for relocating

  • book a removal agent early (especially during the busy Summer / half term periods)
  • book a Pre-Move Out Meeting (this is mandatory and detailed in your licence to occupy)
  • book your move-out appointment
  • claim your disturbance allowance (to cover associated moving costs such as changing BT accounts, broadband, or new uniform for children)
  • redirect personal mail