Be part of the Base Support Group (BSG) Hub Eastern Region with these opportunities for ex-Regulars and Reserves!
- Are you not quite ready to retire?
- Do you have spare time?
- Would you like to use that spare time to work part-time at your local RAF unit?
- Do you miss Service life and want to stay in uniform and still be part of the service?
BSG may be for you!
Based at RAF Honington, the BSG Hub provides a pool of part-time, locally engaged personnel who can undertake routine tasks at a local level to mitigate manning shortfalls or to meet a surge requirement.
The concept envisages individuals with previous military service registering with the BSG Hub and being held ‘on the books’ pending an employment opportunity at their nearest Eastern Regional unit (RAF Honington, Marham or Henlow and Cambridge airport).
You would be enlisted as a RAF Reserves under the Volunteer ex- Regular Reserve (VeRR) terms of service and be part of a valuable manpower resource for use by the station on an ‘as and when required’ basis. You would also transfer in your previous rank, and retain your uniform, an ID card, and base privileges such as use of the gym and mess membership.
You must be qualified and experienced within their Branch/Trade from previous Regular/Reserve service.
Normal attendance-based pay and Training Bounty arrangements apply. It is a flexible employment arrangement with no compulsion on the RAF to offer reserve service days and equally no compulsion on you to turn-to when asked; the offer would be a voluntary engagement 'Zero Hours Contract,' with no enforceable commitment either way.
There are a range of roles available, including:
- Estate Asset Management Team
- Non-Commissioned Officer Accommodation Cell
- Data Protection & Records Manager
- Force Protection Generalist modernisation - Learning Technologies
- BSG Physical Education Admin
- Quality Auditors
- Equality & Diversity Advisor
- BSG Liaison Officer
- RAF Regiment Training Wing HQ Clerk
- Station PR & MB Coordination
- Deputy Data Protection Advisor
- FPC-BSG FPX Deputy Programme Manager
- FPC Exercise Scenario Author
- BSG Knowledge Hub Information Manager
For further information or to state your interest, please email: [email protected].